The one beer to have when you are having more than one

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/25/the-one-beer-to-have-when-you.html

5 Likes

Because you can’t taste it after 6 beers anyway, and that is a good thing with Schaefer.

10 Likes

9 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on here but I like to think everyone in the photo is happy and drunk.

8 Likes

Just a beer truck jumping over some motorcycles.
And yes.

7 Likes

From the stand point of beer it’s just wet. 4.6%

2 Likes

Now I feel really old.

2 Likes

Are they better or worse than Yingling?

1 Like

More white session musicians prefer to drink Schaefer!

5 Likes

Sessions after a meeting with Session:

12 Likes

Yep, back in the 70’s my dad regularly bought all those crappy beers: Carling, Schaefer, Schlitz, he used to think Genesee Cream Ale was a “good beer”, I guess because of the “cream ale” on the label.

4 Likes

About 1983, I’d visit a buddy in college to stay overnight, and before heading to the bars we’d go buy a 24 pack of Shaeffer, which was advertised on the case itself as a “Weekender.” The brewery did not hide the fact that it was marketing to lushes.

Of course, after kicking the case in a few hours we were pretty much sober enough to go out and drink more because the beer was water.

2 Likes

I just assume that of any historic photo that isn’t of some type of outright atrocity. History makes way more sense when you just picture everyone drunk.

2 Likes

I’ll stand by Genesee even today. They are one of the best cheap beers. I’ll take it over any of the other big US macrobres.

3 Likes

Any American drinkers of meh beers remember “Bicentennial Beer” from 1976? I think it was made by Falstaff. I was living in San Jose, CA, working at Bob Sidebottom’s legendary comics shop. There was a liquor store next door and the beer was cheap. Bob would buy a case every day or two and we’d sip our way through the working day. As I recall the beer tasted like any other so-so American beer. Bob piled the empties aagainst the back wall. Eventually the pile reached the ceiling.

1 Like

I was going with Hamm’s. I don’t trust a beer I can’t spell after four of them.

“When you’re going with swill, go with Hamm’s.”:tm:

5 Likes

The best Schaefer beer jingle commercial, by far, is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQHDg6fTZc

3 Likes

I guess that’s better than “Schaefer - the beer to drink when you’re getting shit-faced.”
Now I want a beer. Is it too early to start drinking? Since it’s the Trump administration, does the hour to begin acceptable drinking start earlier?

2 Likes

Sadly, comrade, we need you sober now more than ever.

3 Likes