The other ad-blocking ecosystem: blame-ducking

Are you saying they aren’t doing it “the easiest” and/or “most profitable” way? If anybody is attempting to satisfy your ideal, they are. However, the money ain’t rolling in, so maybe it’s an incomplete strategy.

A most profitable available strategy may still not be profitable enough for survival/thriving.

1 Like

On a side note, just got back from vacation which involved a rental car radio and hotels with whatever TV service they had. I heard more ads in the last week than I have in years. Old media is truly awful nowadays. We couldn’t believe that we used to just accept that - having to change radio stations every 3 minutes or having half of a TV show be ads which were carefully designed to annoy the viewer as much as possible.

But what was most amusing was that most of the ads now are for websites…websites that are probably full of ads.

Next vaca, we’re using MP3 players and a Chromebook instead of radio and TV.

At least the TV/radio ads didn’t track everything we did and try to infect us with malware like web ads do. The whole “obey, consume, conform” thing was kind of farcical.

4 Likes

Every rental I have had the past few years has had a USB port, so just bring along a cheapo thumb drive full of YOUR TUNES and you never have to use the actual radio part.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.