The right knife can change your entire kitchen and we've rounded up 20 amazing options on sale

The Boing Boing Shop is obnoxious those days.
Don’t you want to make a Patreon or something ?

2 Likes
2 Likes

HEY! HEY!!! You’re doing it wrong!

Boing Boing got me with the 240 fold knife, bastards.

2 Likes

I know I shouldn’t…but…this is great sharpening instruction for a chef, like having a face for radio.

Chefs know food, knife makers know knives.

Regular steeling and stropping is way easier on a knife, will make the knife last years, YEARS longer than regular wet stoning and is very easy on the knife and the user.

6 altered strokes on a steel (2000 grit ceramic a better choice that actual steel) and 10 altered strokes on a leather strop with .5 micron diamond paste, which rarely needs reapplication, and you’ll maintain a great edge that almost never needs an actual sharpening.

An edge that shows damage is an edge that has been let go too long, and that means significant steel removal and shortened usable life.

Now, I will regret that probable amount of disagreement I’m going to receive…oy…

3 Likes

I could not believe that you could spend a whole ten minutes just sharpening one knife so how often ,that’s going to make time go away

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.