The scientist who transplanted monkey heads

[Read the post]

1 Like

Dr. Sergio Canavero’s plan to perform the first human head transplant

Wouldn’t that actually be a body transplant?

1 Like

Interesting documentary, but I’ll be damned if the soundtrack didn’t make it sound like a Faces of Death flick.

2 Likes

So in terms of predicting future technology, do we give the credit on this one to the Star Trek episode “Spock’s Brain” or to Frankenstein?

2 Likes

Which came first? Monkey head transplants or monkey ass transplants:

1 Like

Warning: this video is rather graphic.

@crenquis, this does NOT translate into a request for animated gifs of said video.

BTW, you’re not Icky Bob, are you?

3 Likes

You can call me Ichy Bob, big boy.

Apparently, it’s easy for people to forget that all videos are “graphic”.

1 Like

Eyeroll.

1 Like

Eyerolls too can be graphic.

4 Likes

Mmmm, when par-boiled like that they give the most satisfying Pop when one bites down!

I’d take a head transplant. That’s some seriously awesome retro science fiction come to life. It’s definitely a better sounding future than bowing down to my robot overlords. Does medicaid cover the procedure?

So I’m thinking…eyes can blink and the mouth can bite because those nerve pathways stem from the top of the spinal cord, but what about the body from the neck down?

2 Likes

That is the one problem with the procedure right now, the person or animal whose head is transplanted kinda become paralyzed from the neck down.

“neck graft”

Yeesh a disembodied, living brain. What sensations would you feel? Would it just be intense pain? Is there any consciousness?

Truly the stuff of nightmares. The blackest.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.