The self-driving cars wars have triggered vicious shenanigans over top engineering talent

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/10/noncompetes-considered-harmful.html

2 Likes

This kinda cracks me up…

10 Likes

Frogger: Xtreme

Or, more timely,

Crossy Chicken - Clucked Up

8 Likes
8 Likes

I had always imagined self-driving cars going through an intersection looking something like a marching band drill. One line of cars passing seamlessly through another.

8 Likes

When the Robot Overlords finally come, that’s the theme music we’ll be stuck with.

5 Likes

You hope. The alternate wouldn’t be fun…

2 Likes

(From the robot planet in Futurama. Can’t find the video clip)

10 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe autodriving autos aren’t such a hot idea after all.

1 Like

Typical non-competes are only 1 year, even in Massachusetts. You may want to correct the initial post…

If that’s what the world of self-driving cars is going to be like then I’ve decided I don’t want mine to have any windows. I’d just be trying to instinctively curl into the fetal position with my eyes shut tight the whole time anyway.

2 Likes

I wonder why the system needs a human to take parcels off the conveyor and drop them on to the robots?

@Papasan There doesn’t appear to be any allowance for pedestrians in that scheme.

With self-driving cars on the way, can Judge Dredd style mo-pads (mobile homes on autopilot, following and endless nomadic route around the city) be far off?

3 Likes

In the future: Walking is verboten.

4 Likes

Yeah, just don’t get a ticket…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.