The super-swanky mod world of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's "Supermarionation"

It looks great on blu-ray. (The miniatures are excellent.) But after a recent re-watch (there went my childhood) the storyline comes off as fairly thin, and the promising ‘Doppelganger in a Strange Land’ notion is wasted in the writing and development. Butstill

I think the first episode (SST rescue) was the best… with second place going to the episode where Lady Penelope (in a very business-like fashion) has her chauffeur Parker blast a bad guy vehicle off the road like it was nobody’s business.

5 Likes

I believe there were (are?) model kits available… for young and old (as they say).

2 Likes

I ended up with a random episode on VHS. I think that first episode of Thunderbirds, but maybe the one that starts with some kids playing at being International Rescue.

3 Likes

I recommend also watching the new CGI ( Hypermarionation ) version.

2 Likes

I love that the Eames Chair was still considered super modern then and now. Expensive buggers though. The chair and ottoman were designed in the 1950s. It’s the office chair in the second picture in your article.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks, Captain Scarlett.

1 Like

Now that’s a thought that had never occurred to me! A Captain Scarlet/ Torchwood mashup is my new absolute want!

Mmmmmmmm, that’s not all she rocked, either! Such fantasies…
It was a long time before I realised she was Nick Drake’s sister.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.