The Switchmate 2.0 is a smart light switch that installs in seconds with no wiring

Originally published at: The Switchmate 2.0 is a smart light switch that installs in seconds with no wiring | Boing Boing

I have one for a circuit that has five switches and it’s easier to use something like this. I still think the hardwired approach is better, but this is neat in a pinch.

It doesn’t have a lot of range because it’s bluetooth, is kinda loud, can’t report status on 3+ way switches and you have to have one specific to your switches, but it does work.

1 Like

I dunno. Seems like knowing how to replace a light switch should be a basic life skill for an adult?

3 Likes

Guaranteed to work for 2 yrs for only $6.00 more. The hardwire switches in the mill office in Elk, installed in 1890, still work fine.

2 Likes

Excellent point, website with an “Internet of Shit” article tag.

I don’t care what boing boing does to keep the lights on*, but I really have no idea who these ads are for.

*fuck yes the pun was intended.

Though, I do appreciate from an editorial standpoint that we are allowed to mock these ads in the comments to our hearts delight

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.