The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles save Los Angeles rail transit in "Operation Blue Line" (1990)

[Permalink]

1 Like
a villain bent on "suppressing all public information"

Politician, or law enforcement?

1 Like

no one will defend the Crenshaw line because it is populated with crazy people. I listened to a guy talk on a cell phone for the entire ride and Iā€™m pretty he was just talking to dead air, because even when he asked a question he continued to talk without pausing. Also, what asshole makes a train line that stops 1 mile from the airport?

1 Like

Iā€™m confused. The Crenshaw line is still under construction - so what ā€˜entire rideā€™ were you taking when cell-phone guy annoyed you?

The Crenshaw line will have a dedicated station that interfaces directly with the upcoming LAX Automated People Mover.

What, did you expect the light rail line to travel all the way around the mile-long terminal loop, dropping passengers individually at each of the seven terminals?

Welcome to the big city, where ā€˜the airportā€™ is far too large for a single train stop.

I was riding the Green Line to Staples center. my mistake. And yes, the train should have had stops at each gate or at least a stop at the airport to which passengers can get onto a LAX dedicated rail, like all other major cities.

and for the record suburban sprawl doesnā€™t count as a ā€œbig cityā€ just poor planning.

ā€œā€¦like all other major citiesā€?

Ah, well, clearly then, youā€™re a seasoned world traveler, and I should defer to your informed opinion.

every major hub I have traveled to in the US has had some form train or rail to move people between gates. LA seems to be the one few who canā€™t get their shit together.

Which seems ridiculous considering how many people fly in and out of LA every damn day.

Actually, for the record, a city of 4 million people in a metro area of more than 12 million people IS a big city. no matter how much you dislike its urban form.

And even if its airport makes you ride a dedicated rubber-tired shuttle from the light-rail station to the terminals, instead of the dedicated rail-based shuttle that you obviously imagine you deserve.

enjoy traffic. :smile:

Are we still calling them the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Theyā€™re at least in their mid-forties by now.

1 Like

Well Bart Simpson is still 10 (he should be around 36) then the turtles are still teens.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.