The Themis Files: humanity races to kill itself before the aliens can

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/01/the-themis-files-humanity-rac.html

2 Likes

geopolitical balance? Sounds more like Science Fantasy to me!

Yup, a very good read.

2 Likes

So - it becomes a self driving mech?

2 Likes

Something something something attractive nuisance.

Or, the aliens did it to piss off Joey.

1 Like

In a way, but it’s more complicated than that.

For a start, the pilot’s knees must be able to bend the other way.

2 Likes

I’ve got a hold on the first one at the library. Should have my hands on it any day now.

Libby was a real thing on these for me. The library has 1 e copy of each and boy did I celebrate when the app would email.

2 Likes

Darn, I have read all these and was thinking for a minute there was yet another novel called Themis Files in the story line…

1 Like

I am obviously in the minority here I started reading the first novel last year and bailed. Part of it was due to the way the story was told which sometimes made the action too clinical and detached. I also couldn’t maintain my suspension of disbelief due to a couple of incidents with the Russians among others.

1 Like

Likewise. It was put-downable, I (virtually kindle) put it down and never picked it up again

1 Like

No serialized novels for me for a while; the bad taste of the Ancillary series – Ann Leckie’s overrated, major dupe-bomb (a tea service set as a plot point??) – continues to linger. I’ll let you coalmine canaries sort out this latest recommendation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.