The thread on the rape case that got closed

I was not trolling in that thread. I was truthfully commenting on it after someone mentioned me in it. I was only informed of its existence because they @'d my username.

Please, please, please ignore him.

5 Likes

Ignore who?

6 Likes

FTFY

3 Likes

5 Likes

25 posts were split to a new topic: Cake Appreciation Topic

Well whatever this thing is, I’m not sure it’s human. So wouldn’t it be what instead of who? Also what the hell are all of you talking about? There’s nothing to ignore here.

5 Likes

Getting back on topic, we might have the new user TL3 flag block thresholds in place by the end of the week, or next week at the latest. (some other internal stuff had to take priority for the moment, sorry) I also apologize that I have to be coy about the exact number of flags + tl3 users that will trigger this, but I do think they are safe and reasonable levels that would have kicked in a tad earlier in the specific example cited:

• 7 replies by this user were flagged
  • 20 flags were cast total (distribution 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3)
  • 6 users involved in flags – 5 TL3, 1 TL2

(I also flagged it to push it over the topic flag close limit a bit sooner, but I am not counting myself in the above)

So in the meantime, I suggest you practice your flagging skills on any new users who show up and start posting in what you consider to be clear and overt bad faith.

15 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’m sure we’re all looking forward to the new powers!!! Muwahahahaha…

7 Likes

OK! I’ve deployed that here. If anyone wants to test it, create a new account, be a super jerk (in a test topic created and clearly marked for that purpose, obvs) and watch the TL3 flag magic happen.

And, in general, please continue to flag posts, especially posts by new accounts, when they are clearly being overt not-even-trying jerkholes.

We can thank @neil for getting this done! :maple_leaf:

7 Likes

If it wasn’t for Canadians? Don’t we have a thread for that?

5 Likes
7 Likes

Thank you @neil!

3 Likes

After two posts were flagged into oblivion:

5 Likes

Neat!
I feel so powerful.

1 Like

@TRUMP_2016: [quote=“codinghorror, post:47, topic:79167”]
be a super jerk (in a test topic created and clearly marked for that purpose, obvs)
[/quote]

Stay in the designated thread, please. This one isn’t bad, but threads like the Anderson Cooper thread shouldn’t be a test playground.

2 Likes

Yeah test topics only please. It is true that all posts by a new user will be automatically hidden if they reach the TL3 flag or spam flag threshold, though.

2 Likes

I did try to help out in that test thread, but… :frowning: I’m still not Regular.

Oh, well. Y’all don’t really need my help with that anyway.

2 Likes

You’re ridiculously close, literally 3 topics entered away from getting it. So… enter a few more topics?

8 Likes

14 Likes