The trailer for Nimona looks wildly imaginative

Originally published at: The trailer for Nimona looks wildly imaginative | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This looks like a right laugh. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

A bit more saturday morning aesthetic than the graphic novel (which is amazingly great), and given the choice I would have ND Stevenson make more Nimona books over this… but I’m still here for it.

4 Likes

Agreed with @zoidberg I would’ve loved to see something more in line with the aesthetic of the comic, which was already so animation-friendly (relatively flat coloration and shading, charming and iconographic characters) but still great that Stevenson got something to the (medium?) screen.

I don’t know how I feel about the vertical integration of production, distribution and presentation like Netflix has. In some ways it’s like the right side of the “buying directly from the manufacturer vs. a car dealer” on the other hand it means the streaming platforms are multiplying walled gardens, when you really want a little of each. Plus, if a platform doesn’t want to continue supporting something they created, it’s just…gone.

3 Likes

I’m am DOWN for this!

totall_wicked

4 Likes

no mention of Arcane among Netflix’s animation achievements?? FAIL!

2 Likes

I guess that the style adopted for the film has more to do with reducing production costs; using 3d CGI rather than 2d animation. I like the look of both the trailer (which has a bit of an Arcane vibe) and the comic book.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.