The U.S. will not be setting up a no-fly zone over Ukraine

Yes, you’ve made that opinion clear repeatedly in this thread. However I haven’t seen you substantiate the hypothesis with anything other than your feels about Putin.

1 Like

I think Putins pattern is rather self evident. Shortly after he took charge he went back into Chechnya, took that, nurturing break away regions in Moldova, taking of Crimea, nurturing break away regions in Ukraine… Current actions are consistent with past actions.

Do you have any evidence that he’ll behave nicely with the world?

1 Like

I did not make that claim.

I only said we should not hope for or advocate outcomes that hinge on assassination and war.

2 Likes

To be clear I did not hope or advocated for either.

Fair enough! I interpreted your post that way, but if that’s not how it was intended, no worries.

Given all the tiny parts and tolerances required to build a nuclear warhead, it’s surprising to imagine any of them could survive being fired out of a gun and still work when it reaches its target :confused:

2 Likes

How about a portable nuclear bazooka?

3 Likes

The plutonium implosion type bombs are extremely intricate, but uranium shotgun type bombs really just slam two chunks of uranium into each other. That’s all it takes.

3 Likes

“I have no idea where all those Stingers and Javelins came from”

Confused Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

1 Like

The Russian Air Force is largely sitting out of the conflict.
Some reasons seem to be:

1. They did not expect a protracted war involving demolishing cities like Chechnya and Syria
  2. The Ukrainian anti-air defenses, although weak, are enough to damage their really expensive, tough to replace planes in significant numbers
  3. Fundamental logistical weaknesses with fuel, arms and experienced pilots
  4. Making Kyiv look like Kabul or Aleppo and is counterproductive to Russian aims and promotes insurgents close to vital areas in Russian
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.