The UK Gold: riveting documentary on the deep, ingrained corruption of the UK's banking centre, the City of London

No one here is denying inequality, that I can see. We’re just pointing out that it is the UK government creating inequality, not the “evil corporations”. And contrary to the theme of the documentary, it’s being done quite out in the open.

Progressives argued for making them bail themselves out with private money, seizing and nationalizing them, or dismantling them as well as investigations and prison time.

Libertarians of course would make everyday people pay for the malfeasance of a tiny out of control elite, which is why you are PRECISELY their lapdogs. We all know that when elite businesses go bankrupt that the elites don’t really suffer for it. When economies collapse* or go into deep recession everyone pays, except of course that tiny elite that you all dutifully defend. Again, lapdogs.

*uh sorry: “market corrections”…

Yet none of that happened, despite the Progressives being in charge of the U.S. government at the time. In fact, what did happen? Oh right, tens of billions of dollars in public money was taken and given to the elites to bail them out - and the handout continues today, with quantitative easing. How many went to jail? How many got nationalized? Zero. Progressives are always the ones telling us to trust the government, to trust the experts - but the government and the experts were the ones cried “economic collapse” with no evidence and who bailed out the elites and protected them, and continue to do. So who is the lapdog here?

Well, I’d argue ‘progressive’ is a meaningless term to apply to the people who did that. Lickspittles I’m fine with.

I’d also argue that libertarians, by and large, can go piss up a rope, mind.

Are you from an alternate timeline? When was the last time Progressives have been in charge of the US government? Have they ever been?

1 Like

lmfao.

Alright, we’re done. With the exception of perhaps Bernie Sanders and almost a couple other Congress-critters there’s not a single “progressive” in D.C. Also, the bailouts (TARP) began and were signed into law under George Bush… All the people involved in crafting the bailouts are neoliberal ideologues and ex (soon to be again) bankers.

So who is the lapdog here?

That’s still you.

This is how a bank crisis is handled in countries where the government isn’t overrun by wealthy elites, and neoliberal and libertarian think tanks and money:

http://content.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1843659,00.html

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.