The Weird of Wendy Pini

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/the-weird-of-wendy-pini.html

How an an indie cartoonist faced down prudes, pain and the patriarchy.

7 Likes

9,600 words there y’all, put it on your reading lists

7 Likes

Looking forward to reading this through. One quick note:

At a convention in 1978, Wendy ran into the novelist Marion Zimmer Bradley, then a feminist icon, only to be met with cold and critical dismissal.

Some background on why Zimmer Bradley is no longer considered a feminist icon (or really a decent human being).

2 Likes

Is that why the rest of the blog page now has type so small I need my even stronger reading glasses to be able to read it? Or is it unconnected and just another BB style update/tweak?

Probably just CSS from the special feature treatment leaking into the blog view. I put in a cut that should fix it

4 Likes

Thx, Rob.

2 Likes

I loved that piece Rob, but I didn’t know where to find this comment thread until you linked it in another BBS discussion. I really enjoy reading your longer pieces when you post them, like this one and the one about your mother.

I was completely unaware of all of the stuff Wendy Pini had been going through. I saw a photo of her that Mark Evanier had posted from Comic-Con just recently and that was the first that I’d thought of her, Richard and ElfQuest in over a year.

Thanks for giving us a chance to read your latest piece.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.