The world's most painful plant

Originally published at: The world's most painful plant | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Pain is so subjective sometimes…

11 Likes

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

11 Likes

I’ve had relationships that produce the same symptoms.

10 Likes

i’ll see your Dendrocnide and raise you the machineel, or manzana de muerte tree that grows around here.
do not even stand under this tree!
nasty!

23 Likes

Gympie Gympie is more like an Irukundji sting: it won’t kill you, but it will make you beg for death.

8 Likes

What about that guy who let’s a bullet ant and a tarantula hawk zing him? The must be some word that describes getting enjoyment from suffering.

4 Likes

“Supposably” alert at 5:24

4 Likes

It definitely lacks the impressive acute effects; but I have to make a case for good old Papaver somniferum; for excellence in making the subject complicit in their own pain over time.

1 Like
2 Likes

Never met an apple he didn’t like.

5 Likes

just don’t add purslain salad fouliage…
books might recommend it …that’s okay…
but the chinese use it’s location to find mercury

in the ground…

Is it Masochism?

It all depends. If you were preparing something with super hot bell peppers, go to the washroom, and forget to wash your hands first…

is there such a thing? i need to grow them.

1 Like

Probably not, since it doesn’t have Capsaicin, but they keep creating new mutants of the other kinds, so who knows?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d steer clear of anything locally named as gympie-gympie

“Sadly, the pain was exacerbated by most alcoholic beverages, although mildly appeased by pina coladas, but more so by milk alone”

i know when my throat has swollen so tight i can’t swallow solid food, the first thing i think to do is head to the nearest bar

good plan :exclamation:

2 Likes

The video was interesting until the end when they destroyed the plant Office Space style. That was not cool — they were the dumbasses that went messing with it. That plant didn’t deserve that fate.

3 Likes

Right?

What part of “leave me alone” didn’t they understand!?!

3 Likes