They’re cool, they’re green, and these Jetson e-bikes might change how you get around

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/10/theyre-cool-theyre-gree.html

"In addition to cutting your carbon footprint down to nil, […] "

Rrriiiiight…

6 Likes

I only buy products that are manufactured using quality parts, so I need to know: are these made with Spacely Sprockets or with Cogswell Cogs?

16 Likes

I read it as “Jettison e-bikes” and expected something different.

2 Likes

Doesn’t fly, ergo, not a Jetsons bike.

5 Likes

I hope they don’t malfunction, and you’re stuck on your e-bike calling for Jane to help you stop this crazy thing.

8 Likes

So I go to the supermarket on this thing…how am I supposed to get my shopping home? It’s going to need a little trailer, and that’s if it doesn’t get pinched while I am in the shop. I think I’ll stick to going in the car once a week.

Also

cutting your carbon footprint down to nil

I really don’t think so.

2 Likes

Actual bikes are green. E-bikes have batteries and use electricity to charge them. Not-so-green. Get a bike.

4 Likes

Will there be a rental version that I can leave strewn across some busy sidewalk? That would be great.

2 Likes

Needs the Jetson vehicle sound effects.

5 Likes

And more entertaining.

A backpack. Assuming the added weight doesn’t put you over the limit. (I’m tall enough that my unladen weight tends to exceed the allowances for folding bikes anyways.) I can’t imagine you could pull any sort of trailer with this kind of bike.

1 Like

Seems normal.
s-47b66aa9708e59c3ad0dd44815f9699c8b529d9b

If an e-bike replaces car trips, it is most definitely green. The carbon footprint of the energy used to charge an e-bike is negligible, and depending on source, may be lower than the fuel required to charge your regular bike’s motor (ie, the food you eat to provide you calories). Actual bikes use metal and rubber and have a carbon footprint as well. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

4 Likes

This’ll do it.

2 Likes

If I am seeing the pictures right, one is black and the other is white … none of them is green?!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.