This adorable puppy has a tail growing from his head

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/this-adorable-puppy-has-a-tail.html

4 Likes

If they can somehow get this trait to breed true… and if they can get the tail to wag… then I’d say they’ve got the next big thing in dog breeds, way cooler than any labradoodle!

6 Likes

Sometimes algorithms work…

3 Likes

Just glancing at that advert, I though it showed some chap waving his meat and two veg in the face of a dog.

11 Likes

The url for this post is surprisingly accurate:
https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/this-adorable-puppy-has-a-tail.html

5 Likes

to be a “tail,” it would have to have part of his spine inside it

shouldn’t it be, “This adorable puppy has a tentacle growing from his head”

19 Likes

This good boy is named Narwhal.

/snort :rofl:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

How much is that mutant doggie in the window? The one with the non-waggly face-tail.

Interestingly, it’s not just anywhere on the body, it’s where a tail should be longitudinally but diametrically opposed. Wrong pole. Maybe it was some DNA equivalent of integer overflow error.

13 Likes

I can’t make heads nor tails of this.

23 Likes

this is going to be so confusing to other dogs trying to figure out where to sniff

7 Likes

This will certainly make chasing his own tail easier.

9 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/meet-narwhal-an-abandoned-pup.html

4 Likes

Meet Narwhal, an abandoned puppy with an extra post on BoingBoing.

8 Likes

Meet Boing Boing, the usually cool blog with extra ads growing out of its posts.

I get that you need to pay the bills but this has gotten ridiculous.

11 Likes

Maybe I’m adding (fnaar) to the problem for everyone else by using uBlock, but I decided to turn it off for a second just to see what I’m “missing” and…

Chesus Franklin the 3rd, that’s horrible! An advert on the pic, halfway through the article, left, right, centre, above, below, some bordering on NSFW (admittedly nothing major but depending on your work environment someone could take offence), reading the actual article is difficult, the ads take a long time to load and keep bumping the page up and down while loading/sorting themselves out…

I mean, for a site that rallies against clickbaiting and lousy internet trends, boingboing certainly knows how to maximise their ad revenue by putting them into every little corner imaginable.

I was half expecting cyan/magenta flashing popups telling me I was the 1,000,000th visitor and had won a prize!

12 Likes

Yes, it’s become quite dreadful. Not a wonderful thing at all.

Part of me wonders whether the creators rationalize this because they know how well informed so much of their dedicated readers are; they know that we will completely use the adblockers that they themselves promote.

Maybe the reason for all the chub ads is that those are the only advertisers who actually imagine this audience will see their ads…

3 Likes

I’m as happy as a dog with two tales.

2 Likes

Wiper Blade

10 Likes

There may be problems if/when he starts exploring some heavy brush; I can see that “tail” getting caught in underbrush during snuffling, and getting damaged.

What are very good bois made of? Snips and snails and extra puppy dog tails.

6 Likes