This app helps you optimize your home's Wi-Fi

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/11/this-app-helps-you-optimize-yo.html

I very much doubt that “NetSpot Pro for Windows” will do anything for my Mac, despite the shill copywriter’s claims.

(Yeah I do KNOW they have a Mac version, but that’s not what the copy SAYS.)

I do need something like this, since I am about to move back to my old house with lots of dead wifi spots, but I’m not going to spend $39 on this. Any better ideas?

1 Like

and us poor linux users have to do it manually

1 Like

Metageek inSSIDer was open source through version 2; I think that version is still findable.

Thanks, but windows only. :frowning:

OK, then

1 Like

Thanks again, but I’m on a mac. This seems debian specific. I don’t mind paying for something. It looks like there are some good iOS apps for $5-$10. But more research tomorrow.

You could have said. I’d suggest KisMAC, but I’m apprehensive you’ll come back and say it is for the wrong flavor of Mac.

4 Likes

But can it love?

1 Like

If you have an android device you could use WiFi Analyzer (free) and map it by hand. I’ve used this app to analyze and fix several friends’ WiFi

3 Likes

Poor? I rather thought the whole point of using Linux was that its users WANTED to do it manually? :wink:

1 Like

Now, you’re talking. But, I only have an Apple ][.

/s

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.