This bulky heavy coin purse costs $49 and holds exactly $5.44 in U.S. coins

I’m reminded of Karl Kraus’ observation that “psychiatry is the disease for which it imagines itself to be a cure.”

Sadly, no room for half-dollars either.

With the strap not attached, it becomes Dango Unchained.

I’ll show myself out

7 Likes

Went looking for this:

Found this:

3 Likes

I think that it its only real purpose. It looks like it is just an excuse for a plausibly disguised sap - a weapon that is normally illegal in many states. And something that prosecutors could likely still charge someone carrying this, even if it is claimed to be a “coin purse” or whatnot.

From the maker’s website:
“Wether you are on a vending excursion or transporting collectible coins, these capsules pack a hefty load.”

Right, because that is the way real coin purses and change makers are advertised, as “pack[ing] a hefty load”… :thinking:

And who doesn’t go on a “vending excursion”, or transport “collectable coins” on their hip?

Definitely the EDC version of the prison lock in a sock sap.

4 Likes

Have you seen all the complaints on BB about the lack of pockets in women’s clothing? I can imagine a meeting with clothing and purse designers, reminiscent of Jim Gaffigan’s take on the business of selling bottled water in America.

How do we get more people to buy purses? :thinking:
:bulb: First, we get rid of their pockets, or make them too small to be of any use. Next we find ways to make sure they need to carry around stuff that will easily slip through their fingers…like coins. Finally, we sell them purses - big ones, small ones, and specialty ones.
:moneybag:

4 Likes

Export Development Canada? (I know, I know :slight_smile: )

Wait, Canada is responsible for all this nonsense tactical crap?! :open_mouth:

I knew it…

:smiley:

1 Like

… one in every pinball player’s pocket:

7 Likes

I see this as possibly a quick-loading ‘retrofit’ for “The Happy Slapper” used by Det. Bill Hodges in Stephen King’s Mr. Mercedes trilogy.

1 Like

tactical maple syrup dispenser
https://apihex.ca/products/honey-and-maple-syrup-dispenser-dripless

4 Likes

I use the ash tray. Any spare change left when I get home goes into a big 2 gallon bottle that I’ve been filling up for the last 10 years or so. Probably have $300-400 worth of change in there as it’s almost full.

5 Likes

To keep all their speed / caffeine tablets in?

I used to use one of those big apple cider jugs. I had enough to go to Daytona Bike Week once, even after Coinstar took their bite.

See, that’s the other thing I can’t find details of: how much does the silly thing weigh both empty and full?

Not that’d I’d actually buy anything like that, I have empty pill bottles for my change carrying needs.

That’s what I was immediately reminded of.

Looks like a slungshot (q.v.) masquerading as a change purse, to me.

People still use coins? I haven’t carried any for several years, and it’s been at least a year since I used even bills (Canada). America seems a bit behind when it comes to the cashless society.

1 Like

We use pennies, a unit of currency so useless that if it falls on the ground it becomes garbage.

Even at $7.50/hr it takes more time to pick up a penny than the penny is worth.

Luckily it costs more than a penny to make a penny. You can melt it down and get something useful out of it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.