This eerily stunning thunderstorm footage in Arizona was shot with a drone

Originally published at: This eerily stunning thunderstorm footage in Arizona was shot with a drone | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Watched for the mother ship to come down through the clouds, very disappointed.

11 Likes

SXFQ

7 Likes

That is one of the few nice things about this place: we have, at times, stunning visuals of the landscape and nature’s fury.

4 Likes

And no mosquitoes…

4 Likes

I was waiting for the drone to fly in to the storm; other than that, this was a pretty cool storm.

1 Like

I spent the first 10 years of my life in West Texas & remember watching heat lightning in the clouds during the summer. I miss being able to see infinity on a clear night sky…
ETA:
I’m sure all the fracking out there has fucked that up. You can see the oil fields lit up from space at night.

I’m sure the scorpions & rattlesnakes make up for it. Not sure about AZ, but West Texas had some big ol’ tarantulas, too.

2 Likes

In real time.

1 Like

Hoping @Ratel will weigh in

Years ago we got a view of such action from 30,000+ feet on a red-eye flight. Our a/c flew around the hubbub on a moonlit night, so there was a lot to see. Lightning was traversing from cloud to cloud about every second. The most incredible thing I’ve ever seen from the air.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.