This electronic ultrasonic bug and rat repellent device has a circuit to light LEDs, but nothing else

I didn’t do anything other than install these devices to deal with the mice. The mice disappeared. That’s my experience. Sorry if it doesn’t fit your worldview but that’s what happened.

Incidentally, I knew how to tango before the mice showed up and have never learned that one trick to deal with hard water.

Clearly your mastery of the tango finally did them in.

My own experience is that rodents will take up residence but then there will be periods where their activity declines for unknown reasons that have nothing to do with anything I’ve done.

2 Likes

They are performing subtle behavioural experiments on you, obviously.

5 Likes

Having enjoyed the…pleasure…of a neighbor who installed some not-quite-ultra ultrasonic ‘repellent’ devices that definitely weren’t fakes, outdoors, during the summer when keeping the windows closed was basically not an option, I’m less offended than usual by the blatant scams of cut-price electronics.

Weeks of 24/7 piercing, keening, whine drilling into the back of your skull is not a pleasant experience. Unfortunately the neighbor seems to have been old enough to have lost hearing at that frequency, so she was more concerned about the possibility that a rat might get to enjoy some garbage than my entreaties to do something about it.

2 Likes

I wonder if that AC connector on the side has been approved. If not, I hope it doesn’t burn your house down. Like those deer whistles, totally useless.

There may be a few more variables at work here. :slight_smile:

I like Shuck’s idea about lack of mousepitality.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the smell of mouse death-throes near the trap locations is still quite perceptible to this years’ mice, they come in, smell bloody Muridae, and decide “this is NOT a good place”.

3 Likes

W have four good mouse repellents. They work great. The brand name is CAT.

3 Likes

“Hope a robot doesn’t burn your $^king house down, Kevin!”

Coworker had the same problem, but was able to convince his neighbor to move the repellers to a different location.

I wonder if anyone has undertaken an effort similar to the hypothetical-anthropology work on telling people 10,000 years from now to Stay away, nuclear waste not actually our treasure stash.

A mouse probably just thinks “cover!” when it sees a sinister spike field

but something must tell a mouse “this is not a place of honor”.

5 Likes

Anything plastered with the name of a formerly defunct camera company (B&H, Kodak, Vivitar, Polaroid, etc) should be assumed to be crap.

2 Likes

It’s sort of like the blinking LED in cars that’s supposed to repel car thieves.

That’s an extremely dubious assertion.

1 Like

This whole category of devices are all 100% snake oil. It’s an idea that dates back to radio electronics magazines from the late 1960s and there was never any scientific basis for them. The idea has been tested again and again and it DOES. NOT. WORK.

If you bought one and you think it worked, that’s just correlation. Mice come and go from an area for lots of reasons. It had nothing to do with a piece of garbage electronics that does nothing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.