This indoor bike can knit a scarf in five minutes: Cyclo-Knitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/14/this-indoor-bike-can-knit-a-sc.html

8 Likes

I have a soft spot in my heart for a good scarf.

6 Likes

You’re using it wrong!

16 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes

But you are clearly not a cold-hearted person, and need no scarf there. (Or have other methods for warming it, I believe.)

2 Likes

This must be an episode of Sarah & Duck, no?

But are these good scarves?

2 Likes

I can’t be the only one that’s dying to know how the work is done up there in the top! Did he design the knitting/weaving contraption? Did he buy a small automatic loom and adapted it work off the pedal power? The part I can see if just a couple of belts and a set of simple gears! I want to know about the stuff that’s actually HARD! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I assume he just used something off the shelf.

1 Like

Cycle Knitter, Qu’est-ce que c’est

10 Likes

Awesome! This would be great at the burning man.

You win the net for today.

(Sca-sca-sca-sca-sca-scarf far better.)

3 Likes

I was pricing out skeins of yarn the other day. Wool isn’t cheap, a free pure wool scarf is a nice gift - even if you have to pedal for five minutes to get it. This is a very cool project.

1 Like

Woolly socks are equally good. Just needs a tandem. (Use the handlebars to steer round the heel? And brake to close the toe?)

2 Likes

Sign me up! :grinning:

1 Like

As a bike commuter I just can’t stand stationary bicycles but I could learn to like this, or one which just generates electricity.

2 Likes

I knit slowly. I love this!

2 Likes

Just throwing this out there…American Buffalo/Bison yarn.

Outside mag Bison down wool

Oooooh! Thank you!

But can it knit a thneed? Thats something everybody needs.