This innovative music service curates songs for productivity

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/04/this-innovative-music-service.html

Sounds like a bunch of woo to me.

8 Likes

Wat? Oh come now, the songs are scientifically designed!

(I find plenty such playlists on Spotify.)

8 Likes

Some of us used to put on a CD when we started to write, heard the first track, and then looked up an hour later to notice that we hadn’t heard the rest of the album. So some of us stopped bothering.

4 Likes

Found it totally useless. Even counterproductive. Might have to do with the fact that I’m a musician.

6 Likes

I’m still dubious about that Spotify Fragrance playlist. Is that real?
Maybe if I paid for Premium the ad would go away…

1 Like

Probably. I pay for premium and have no idea what that is.

1 Like

“Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase.”

OT: Am I the only person who finds the use of “redeem” like this to be annoying?

What’s wrong with “used” ? “Unused licenses can be returned”. Same with “rate” when you mean “price”. “Room rate”. NO! It’s “room price” you insufferable arse!

Using obscure words which can easily be substituted for clear ones pollutes the world with doubt about hidden meanings and I wish it would fucking stop.

EDIT: Oh god I’ve just seen it also says, “Redemption: must redeem purchase within 30 days”! Do they have some kind of Roman Catholic fixation or something?

6 Likes

Under other circumstances I might have expected a different kind of title from BB, such as “Company sells music tool that psychologically manipulates employees to work harder for the same pay.” :slight_smile:

But, the question is does it work? And I’m thinking the answer is “depends”. For me, music is just distracting. And the answer is a big “no, not ever.”

I like the “It’s already used by high-level employees at Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and other top companies” tag. One can likely say that about pretty much any music service…and radio…and… :thinking:

6 Likes

Hey, it works for me, but some of my colleagues in the operating theatre seem less enamoured; maybe neurosurgery just isn’t for them?

8 Likes

So you’re saying, sir, that you’re not especially happy with the price point on this preowned vehicle?

6 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO

3 Likes

Heh. “Scientifically designed.” This is precisely what they used to say for background music.

8 Likes
5 Likes

It just struck me as kind of wrong that the Kraftwerk crowd were cheering. I’d want them to be staring on with stonefaced appreciation.

6 Likes

Create your own list:

5 Likes

Should be more serious, like this.

6 Likes

I fucking love that you exist. More like this sick bastard please

1 Like

Since college, I realized that for some reason, I’m able to hyperfocus consistently whenever I get non-vocal progressive trance playing. Consequently BPM is most listened to on SiriusXM for me when driving at night, next to Liquid Metal.

In watchmaking school out in Oklahoma, which closed in Dec., my first year professor would put on an incredible instrumental bluegrass album of Led Zepplin covers occasionally, and the 8 or so of us would just work mostly in silence with tweezers and screwdrivers for 8 hours. I miss that time.

Something about vocals interrupts my focus.

2 Likes

“It’s already used by high-level employees at Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and other top companies […]”

Sales pitch fail.

2 Likes