This is the CIA's official guide to sabotaging business meetings

I took off the first half of the link - the chrome-extension shit - and got sent straight to the PDF.

Now only two things worry me.
Firstly, do the CIA trust me more than they trust you?
Secondly, if so, why so?

I’m getting no fucking sleep tonight. Thanks for the link.

:sunglasses:
you ain’t seen me, right?

3 Likes

Stanislaw Lem has a story about a bureaucracy destroying an entire civilization. Can’t seem to find it today, alas.

2 Likes

That absolutely sounds like a high-school English teacher’s pet peeve. … I think he wrong, mind you. I read a lot of TTRPG books that ask me to refer to pages that are further ahead in the book than my present location. But I can absolutely see a high-school English teacher picking that hill to die on.

3 Likes

possibly this?

6 Likes

The AI could not get the book title right, but these were just too good not share,

8 Likes

Part 2

Maybe it’s CIA Sabotage?!?!

6 Likes

@pesco Looks like there’s a cut and paste error in the link.

That mess of letters is the id of the chrome adobe acrobat extension, and was probably the URL because of it being open that way. You might want to check your host resolution @west, I get domain errors in both firefox and chrome.

2 Likes

So basically, this is The Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective Organizations.

11 Likes

Direct link to PDF for people still looking:

5 Likes

At the time this manual was published in 1944 the idea was to sabotage anything relating to the Nazi war machine in Europe.

I’d lay down good money the CIA published later editions specifically designed to stymie non-profits, activists and community groups but never declassified those versions.

7 Likes

As @Melizmatic noted above, they used this exact playbook with the Panthers, so yes… :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Not an AP english teacher, clearly.

For sure. I’m just hypothesizing that they created later editions of this guide specifically for targeting groups like the Black Panthers but haven’t shared those editions with the public for PR reasons.

2 Likes

Does it even matter at this point?

They succeeded in neutralizing the Black Panthers, and of course once that was accomplished they didn’t stop there.

RIP Fred H and everyone else in the movement who was a victim of the CIA; never forget, know the ledge.

7 Likes

They sound like energy vampires

Colin and Evie Face the Council of Energy Vampires - Scene | What We Do In The Shadows | FX (youtube.com)

3 Likes

Only in the sense that it would be nice if some whistleblowers put all that crap out in the open for the sake of accountability and transparency. Not exactly counting on it though.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t advise holding your breath.

3 Likes

My favorite story about sabotaging the engines of axis army vehicles was the French autoworkers who installed slightly-longer-than-normal dipsticks for checking oil level. The Nazi mechanics therefore assumed that oil levels were good when they were actually low. So the engines would fail early, but not until they were already well away from the factories.

13 Likes

I now believe that a number of people I worked with over the course of my career were trying to bring down the system from the inside.

2 Likes

Moreover, non-profit orgs and community groups could spot one before they even opened their mouths.

1 Like