This kit will teach you how to read minds. And it’s not a joke.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/22/this-kit-will-teach-you-how-to.html

Next up: Essential oils to cure your broken arm. Don’t miss!

9 Likes

This guy can sell you a book that teaches the Buddhist Palm technique…

15 Likes

As an incredibly cool party trick or social icebreaker

Or the start of a fight.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with old fashioned waterboarding to get people to reveal stuff like their PIN-code?

5 Likes

Love to, but I spent the last of my disposable income on X-Ray Spex.

8 Likes

559_900

5 Likes

Oh come on BoingBoing… I mean, we realise it’s tough out there. And yes, you have still produced a few things worth reading, even after the SkyMall merger. But this is really bottomfeeding exploitative bullshit that plays to lonely and insecure people. You are, even to this day, better than this!

7 Likes

I think you’d have better luck selling this as something along the lines of An Introduction to Cold Reading. I mean, read the room!

6 Likes

Yeah… no.

9 Likes

Don’t be too sure of yourself.
No matter how smart or well educated you are, you can be deceived. - James Randi

Source: Image found on Tennor.com from the movie An Honest Liar, 2014, a Documentary about James Randi, also known as “The Amazing Randi”

Search the Internet for his name and watch videos of him explaining critical thinking, magic, deception, and debunking all sorts people who claim to have super natural powers. A rabbit hole worth going down!

5 Likes

Ok. See if you can tell what I’m thinking right now.

2 Likes

This is just sad. :confused:

2 Likes

This kit will teach you how to behave like a sociopath. And it’s not a joke

FTFY!

1 Like

Hey, this just might be legit! Just ask the Stupendous Yappi:

4 Likes

Capture-65

2 Likes

I’d love to see boingboing move to a patreon model and get back being able to read articles without arsenel of plugins to stop page bouncing around amd obtrusivecads

3 Likes

5 Likes

This is an infomercial aimed at lonely out of work alcoholics. Really? The big motivation to buy this is so that lots of people will surround me and buy me drinks?

You know this is just expensive magic act training right ?