This luthier keeps Willie Nelson's legendary guitar playable

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/24/this-luthier-keeps-willie-nels.html

3 Likes

This guitar should land in the Smithsonian after the sad, inevitable, I-shall-not-mention-it-here day arrives.

13 Likes

Well, that’s the problem, he doesn’t mainly finger-pick, he uses a plectrum, which you’re not really supposed to do on a classical guitar. That’s what it is, a nylon string classical, perhaps the only one in use in country music.

9 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I have often wondered how Trigger has lasted over the decades.

3 Likes

THIS is a wonderful thing BB.

Post more of this.

The political articles are just as important we can’t forget all the horror that is going on every day but we need just as much of this or it’s going to kill all of our souls if we have any. I’ve always loved the wonderful things I found here over the decades.

And for the record Willie Nelson is just awesome. He didn’t turn country music into a patriotic beer swilling monstertruck fest. He stayed country. He has my respect.

16 Likes

Still a great video, not complaining about the repost.

3 Likes

I am sure Quentin Tarantino could “fix” that guitar.

2 Likes

This is quite likely how Willie’s doctor approaches the singer’s annual checkup.

1 Like

That scene is SO hard to watch now that I know the story.

StewMac is one of my fave YouTube channels. The main guy is Dan Erlewine, I presume this guy’s brother. Good unintentional ASMR, which is the kind I like.

Edit: he’s his cousin.

2 Likes

Getting to see a talented, passionate person doing their thing is what makes youtube worthwhile. This is a great video.

1 Like

Trigger hasn’t lasted nearly as long as Willie Nelson’s music career. That’s even more impressive.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.