This music website is like a late 1980s Mac Desktop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/31/this-music-website-is-like-a-l.html

2 Likes

Well, I gotta be pedantic—Mac OS didn’t support color graphics until 1991!

7 Likes

Oh wow. Thanks for this! I can’t decide if I want to share it with more people or enjoy it in furtive privacy.

3 Likes

The amazing thing is that you can switch the music and the videos around as much as you want and they all match perfectly in their over-glossy falseness.

2 Likes

That was my first thought, too.

like a late 1980s Mac Desktop

Maybe if you had a brand-new machine. In the late 80s, Macs were still largely monochrome. Only the Macintosh II was color.

2 Likes

I’d call it a delicious mix of late 80s/early 90s Mac and PC software. Like Tandy WinMate.

7 Likes

How are you defining “graphics?” As far as I know its supported color graphics since the Macintosh II, which would be 1987.

2 Likes

Whoops, my bad.

1 Like

can someone do one like this but it’s using hot dog stand and blasts nu metal

1 Like

I get what you mean…

Such AESTHEIC

2 Likes

Moreover, the clock reads 1 Aug 1997, a few days after System 8 was released.

A glance at archive.org shows a massive update to poolside.fm on July 26, 2019. Coincidence? I think not.

1 Like

FIND THE INTRUDER…

Yes, Winamp still runs on Windows 10 64 bit, and still runs great!

I wish more sites were like this. Mobile has really forced the sameification of the internet. Remember how many cool designs we used to find back in 2000?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.