This online comic shows how pick-up artists morphed into the alt-right

Where? All I’ve seen in this topic is you talking about your nerdy “friends” using fast seduction techniques and citing your certainty about “their” success stories.

Really, man? “Asking for a friend.”

Could it be, just maybe, that this kind of patriarchal traditionalism historically has an affinity with right-wing political movements?

I remember a lot of them, too. For example, this guy:

Oh, what a surprise, he’s gone neo-Nazi! So puzzling, another manosphere denizen gone alt-right.

I remember some of these PUA types from the early oughts, and I also remember immediately concluding based on their own words that all of them, including Ross Jeffries, were sleazeball charlatans.

I don’t think you’re a PUA anymore, but it’s clear that you’re not interested in hearing (again) that the entire movement, including the proto-PUA “fast seduction” movement, was and continues to be inherently sexist, even if you (sorry, your “friends”) were too much of a blinkered and self-pitying nerd to see it yourself.

You can rationalise it as thinking it was simply an efficient way to “target” women and continue to willfully ignore people pointing out that the dark aspects and crappy attitude toward women were there all along, but that doesn’t change the reality. It also doesn’t change the fact that there’s an affinity between right-wing politics and the manosphere.

8 Likes