Three-Body Problem/Google Trips/Puzzles

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/17/three-body-problemgoogle-trip.html

1 Like

I’ve been reading Three-Body Problem and will review it soon. I’m not surprised Kevin loved it, it is very strong thus far.

2 Likes

I loved The Three-Body Problem, but didn’t understand the Chinese cultural and political references at all. It definitely broadened my horizons, and it was worth the read.

I’ve read the sequel The Dark Forest, and again it was heavy on references I didn’t understand. It was well-done but it was more full of actual palpable despair than any other book I’ve ever read. I liked it, if it’s the sort of thing one likes. The Dark Forest is an apt title for many reasons, which become clearer at the end.

There’s another sequel, called Death’s End. I have not read this, and I don’t think I’ll have the energy to in the near future, but I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Looking forward to your review, Jason!

2 Likes

I felt like the book started a bit slow but it could just as easily been an issue of translation. Wow, that in-book game/simulation was brutal! I feel a need to rehydrate after just recalling it…

1 Like

the whole movie “filmed” on a blue-screen stage in LA. It’s a good movie, but even better evidence of where virtual production — and all films — are headed.

As was Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow twelve years ago, and Sin City a year after that.

1 Like

To be fair, I don’t think anyone would watch either of those movies and suspect they were filmed anywhere BUT a green screen.

Not to knock them at all. I consider Sin City a masterpiece. The sequel, not so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.