Throw away any Zantac you have around

I am not a doctor (nor do I play one on television) but for heartburn I’ve been drinking about two tablespoons of apple-cider vinegar, and it squashes it in around two minutes. I went looking for an explanation as to why this works, and Harvard med said something to the effect of “we have no idea why this works.”

¯_(ツ)_/¯

YMMV

3 Likes

Wait. The public is being told to throw out their supplies because a “probable human carcinogen” is being found is some samples “when stored at higher-than-normal temperatures”, and “We didn’t observe unacceptable levels of NDMA in many of the samples that we tested”. Yet it’s still legal to sell alcohol for the purpose of drinking, when that practice definitely results in a carcinogenic hazard.

In the current environment, it’s probably worth mentioning that ethanol-based hand sanitizers are not carcinogenic. The cancer risk happens when ethanol is ingested. The digestion process that breaks down the ethanol creates ethanal (acetaldehyde), which is the carcinogen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_cancer

1 Like

I use famotidine successfully - no side effects, just a calm stomach. Your experience may vary.

1 Like

Omeprazole causes scary heart symptoms in some people. Like me.

Thanks, but as long as I can keep some around for emergencies, I figure the odds of me dying from anaphylaxis are much higher than getting cancer from taking a Benadryl/Zantac combo to combat the anaphylaxis.

2 Likes

Great example of how people evaluate risk in an irrational way. Cf. glyphosate/Roundup.

I guess Big Pharma didn’t cough up enough lobby-bucks.

1 Like

I have done the same, more than once. Sympathy.

So delicious in my imagination … so delicious picture on the box … so delicious smells from the oven … so delicious tastes in the mouth …

Even so delicious in the stomach. For a while.

And … then pay the alimentary price, working that mass down to the … well, I’ve said enough.

I like to joke and clown around, but no kidding, waste elimination is life itself. I speak as a man who has experienced a two-month ordeal of constipation. Never again, my friends. What goes in must either get digested or get shat out, and no dilly-dallying along the way,

I’ll happily take your discarded Zantac! Oh…it’s NDMA. Damn.

I do this with milk. I find a small glass of moo-cow juice works wonders to just take the edge off anything too acidic.

1 Like

Interesting, since my dad (who sometimes has reflux issues) finds our family honey vinaigrette salad dressing to be soothing as well, one of the few acidic foods he can take. We use organic cider vinegar for that, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the honey helps.

1 Like

Oh? So what is the story here?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.