Ticketmaster gets $500 million from Mohammad bin Salman

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/04/ticketmaster-gets-500-million.html

3 Likes

Hot take: This is gross.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed several former colleagues have been leaving TicketMaster over the past few days/weeks. I don’t know if this had something to do with it.

2 Likes

I avoided ticketmaster whenever possible before this.

2 Likes

Just thought of the new response when people want you to join them at a Ticketmaster ticketed show:

Bin there. Saw it.

7 Likes

Well let’s hope he loses all $500m. Very few are going to be buying tickets for public events for a long time, I suspect.

2 Likes

Luckily, none of us are buying anything at ticketmaster for the foreseeable future. Isn’t this the equivalent of buying Lehman stock during the subprime crisis?

Isn’t this kinda like throwing a septic tank into a cesspool?

2 Likes

Guess it’s a good thing I that already don’t deal with TicketMaster then, though that’s because I know they’re shitty. Being funded by MbS just cements it.

I honestly never really understood how Ticketmaster’s business model survived into the internet age. Getting away with those kind of service fees for tickets made sense in the 80s when they were basically the only way to buy tickets for major events without being physically present at the venue, but now??

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.