Tom Selleck explains reverse mortgages in parody of TV ad where he sells them

I’m sure some do need the cash but Selleck is on a show, has been on a lot of other shows and I’m assuming if he was in dire financials that would have made it into the article. Just a weird hill for your rep to die on.

This took me back a while when it was same shit, different decade. My wife’s 70-something uncle was an average sort of blue-collar guy living off Social Security. He was just getting by after his wife passed away. One day he was scammed by a home remodelling outfit and signed for tons of unnecessary (and shoddy) work, He owned his modest home and took out a reverse mortgage against it to pay the remodeller. Unfortunately about that time he also became addicted to phone sex lines (remember phone sex lines?) and poured more money into a different hole. Then he invited one of his regular phone dates to move in along with her daughter. His debts were piling up, his bank account was drained, and his SocSec check went mainly to supporting the girlfriend. It was then that we were kicked out of the loop. He dumped us after we pointed out his girlfriend was taking him for a ride. Some time later we heard through the grapevine that the house was in foreclosure and the girlfriend had bolted. We never saw or heard from him again

Livin’ the American Dream, Tom!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.