Topic is an international favorites streaming service that’s on sale for just $2.50 a month

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/29/topic-is-an-international-favo.html

When you sit down on your couch to watch TV, the volume of options is truly staggering.

Yes, the volume of garbage is truly staggering.

5 Likes

Why is the Boing Boing store charging $29.99 for one year, and $59.99 for 2 years? Is there something that makes the second year cost an extra penny? Usually when you buy in bulk or pay long ahead, you expect a DISCOUNT, not a PRICE BUMP.

This sort of pricing seems to be popping up a lot, I’ve been seeing it in real world stores where they will charge $0.99 a piece for X, or $3.99 for 4X. Like, WTF??? The only thing I can ascribe it to is some sort of auto-pricing system that favors .99 endings over actual unit price multiples. I just grab multiple singles, because mathematical literacy. Didn’t figure Boing Boing would be forcing me to play that game.

5 Likes

While I’m sure it’s a decent service, part of my goes “crap, not another streaming service.”

In this case, buying two singles won’t work - you’d have two concurrent years rather than sequential years. I guess the extra penny is to lock in this year’s pricing.

I mean, the real reason is the .99 ending you mention, of course.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.