Trump adviser Kevin Hassett: 'Our human capital stock is ready to go back to work'

I think he meant to say: “our human capital livestock.”

13 Likes

Or in more general terms, “feedstock”.

13 Likes

I haven’t been able to buy any vegetable OXO for weeks, if they have HumanCapitalStock I guess we have to make do…

26 Likes

Well said, Colin Robinson.

10 Likes

It’s disappointing but not surprising that the conservative ruling class sees the citizenry as nothing more than another resource to exploit, individually expendable in the grand cause of a capitalist economy.

The wacky part is that even by that standard, they’re managing those resources in ways that don’t make any financial sense from a cost-benefit perspective.

The business guys aren’t just bad at humanity. They’re bad at business.

39 Likes

JGDFC (some sort of rage emoji here)

“Stock” is how the Cybermen refer to humans, btw. And if these fscking kleptocrats could find a way to turn us into emotionless robots like that, you know they would do it in a heartbeat.

Funny how in so many different timelines and universes in the various Doctor Who series, humanity eventually spawns the Cybermen. Almost like there’s some kind of, I dunno, dialectic process going on, if I may coin a phrase.

16 Likes

Still haven’t quite fixed that one…

sorry

21 Likes

what kind of bizzaro-world did I wake up in where Universal theme parks are reopening June 5th, which means Disney too by July

when did “avoidable mass deaths are acceptable as long as there if profit and pleasure” become america’s fundamental principle

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

7 Likes

Fourteen Ninety Three.

27 Likes

No, you misunderstood. Who in their right mind would slaughter cows that produce milk on a minimal amount of feed and nonexistent vet’s expenses?/s

5 Likes

Spray it with gold paint and he won’t struggle as much when he’s led to it.

14 Likes

Or the sheep to be fleeced.
I mean, you can fleece that flock many times, but only skin 'em once, right?
Why does it feel like we are getting skint?

8 Likes

I wish I had known this sooner. It would have been a nice thing to point out during mandatory staff meetings.

5 Likes

UNITS OF HUMAN CAPITAL STOCK ENJOY RECREATION IN WATER POOLS BEFORE RETURNING TO LABOR EXPENDITURE SITUATIONS.
ozarks
CELEBRATE THEIR SACRIFICE!

34 Likes

29 Likes

Unnütze Esser – (lit. “useless eaters” or “useless mouths”) Similar to life unworthy of life, a designation for Jews unable to work, people with serious medical problems or disabilities, and other Untermenschen not deemed to be useful to Germany. The term was also applied to Jews, in general.

14 Likes

Not entirely surprising that there’s significant crossover of the mindsets… (or just cultural persistence, but at least now they mostly pretend not to be actual Nazis…)

8 Likes

They don’t even try to hide it.

They used to call the staff management department “Personnel”. Now it’s “Human Resources”. What do you do with resources? Use 'em up and throw away the rind.

14 Likes
9 Likes

42th3p

25 Likes