Trump adviser Kevin Hassett: 'Our human capital stock is ready to go back to work'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/25/trump-adviser-kevin-hassett.html

10 Likes

OR
“The cattle are ready for slaughter”

72 Likes

He then helpfully pointed the way to the cattle chute entrance.

36 Likes

I don’t like the way he said that.

24 Likes

Time to fire up the ol’ meatgrinder.

23 Likes

I was thinking of the yoke.

21 Likes

Did you know who first said “People are our greatest Asset!”, and “Staff make all the difference!”?

It was a favourite of Josef Stalin. He used both in a speech for
military academies graduates in the Grand Kremlin Palace on the 4th of May 1935, the year before the great purge. He also used it just before the Siege of Stalingrad when he more or less chucked away over a million soldiers.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

34 Likes
22 Likes

…seriously.

37 Likes

I love the HR department.

24 Likes

For years I’ve been saying that the wealthy don’t view the non-wealthy as human. The phrase they frequently use to describe us is “useless eaters.” At best, in their eyes we’re no more than cattle to herd, to milk, and when convenient, to slaughter.

41 Likes

Marine One just flew over my home.

I raised both hands with middle fingers outstretched.

You’re welcome.

36 Likes
20 Likes

Yes, it’s terrible portray an entire class of people as lacking in humanity. /s

But seriously, the conflict between capital and labor is more out of balance than we’ve seen it in a lifetime. It’s hard to see through your conflicts of interest if you’re on the side of capital, and hard for businesses to be their ‘best selves’ when arbitration clauses, hamstrung federal oversight, unrestricted political spending, etc. become the norm.

9 Likes

To GOPs and corporates, “We the People” do not exist. The nation is composed only of owners and the owned. The owned are cattle, draft animals, expendables. Who is surprised?

17 Likes

“Mmmooooooooo”

6 Likes

Don’t get on that ship! It’s…it’s a cookbook!

22 Likes

I have been reading “American Nations”, which posits that the values and culture of the group that founds a colony are persistent, and spread as that colony expands to new areas. The author further points out that the first European colonies in North America had wildly varying values and cultures. Compare the Puritans in New England, who were famously intolerant of immorality but egalitarian within their community, versus the Deep South plantation owners who had … let’s say opposing views. The author identifies 11 separate nations within the United States.

It’s fascinating to see past the illusion of American homogeneity. Even beyond the difference between rich & poor, we have the difference between different cultures of rich & poor. Is charity a duty to our fellow-man, the noblesse oblige of the higher class, or a handout that the unworthy are crying for? We have never really reached a consensus, and that’s why some people seem so foreign - in certain ways, they are.

13 Likes

It’s like Herbert Hoover and Dr. Josef Mengele got together and planned a pandemic response.

16 Likes

My cat is the only human resources manager I respect.

10 Likes