Trump strikes Syria

23 Likes

Ron Paul is right about a least one thing: Assad didnā€™t have a reason to use chemical weapons right now.

So why did he?

a) He just rolls that way. Hmm. He does have that kind of record, true.
b) This is arranged shadow puppet play.

4 Likes

Iā€™d say that authority has been fully abdicated, as of today. The founding fathers thought it safe to assume that each branch of government would jealously guard its power, not shrink away from responsibility, but they were bold revolutionaries, our leaders are loathsome cowards.

5 Likes

For what itā€™s worth:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world/middleeast/syria-bashar-al-assad-russia-sarin-attack.html

4 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes

Orange-head is the real enemy; hereā€™s a counter-attack for his ass:

7 Likes

This whole thing seems rather suspicious to me.

Trump swings wildly from anti intervention to launching an attack?

Now, it could be that heā€™s just doing whatever the last person to talk to him wants, or this could be a highly stage managed act. Consider:

1. The initial chemical weapons incident appears to have little value to Syria, as itā€™s an obvious propaganda coup for the jihadists.
  2. Trump, facing increasingly hostile opposition to all his domestic policies, and suspicion over his links to Russia, bombs a Russian ally.
  3. The bombing has taken place quite a while after the initial incident. Long enough to, say, evacuate an airfield?

To me, this points towards the possibility of a set up designed to boost Trumpā€™s polls and neuter the investigation into his ties with Russia.

13 Likes

Yes, indeed that. (Insert some swear of your choice here).

Try to bend your head about the history, the now, and implications. Add oil, terrible droughts, years of wars, and such, to the calculation.
(Curl up somewhere? Because, apart from feeling, and discussing, there is no thing we can do?)

2 Likes

ā€œYou cannot, as president, start a war without a vote of Congress, and thatā€™s what this is,ā€ Kaine, D-Va.

If you havenā€™t called your representative yet, nowā€™s the time.

4 Likes

The guests at Mir-A-Liego apparently knew before the press did. This guy is all class.

2 Likes

Hey, they paid for the President Platinum Package! An honest guy like El Presidente would never swindle a customer out of the perks they are entitled to!

3 Likes

I hope we all recall the original stated exit strategy from Iraq was west, through Baathist syria and just look who is on the other side of Syria from Iraq, and facing an armed and unhappy civilian populus. Hello Israel! Please stay the eff out of this.

I canā€™t say you are wrong, but part of me is also aware that āŠ„rump is President Id. The two seem to be in conflict.

3 Likes

My days of thinking Sean Hannity is a smug asshole ā€¦ are probably not coming to a middle.

11 Likes

FWIW, it sounds like Hannity is admitting contact with foreign spies under suspicious circumstances or being involved in international crime, since thatā€™s the only way heā€™d have been caught up in a FISA intercept and been unmasked.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure that the point is mysteriously not "he is arrogant, lazy, & his threats meaninglessā€™ this time around; because reasons.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.