Trump's final 100+ pardons to include rapper Lil Wayne and former NY Assembly speaker Sheldon Silver

Room for one more? Someone just got swept up in the dreamy eyes of a violent insurrectionist.

2 Likes

Why would that stop him?
“I never did anything wrong. Everything was beautiful and perfect. I don’t need a pardon, because I’m not guilty, but everyone said, ‘Just give yourself one anyway’ and you know what, those democrat judges and even some of the republicans are so corrupt they probably would say I’m guilty. I admit that they would illegally and disgustingly say that Trump is guilty, so I will pardon myself because I have to even though I don’t have to and don’t want to because everybody loves me and says that I should.”

ETA: “And it was the most beautiful pardon anyone had ever seen.”

2 Likes

Anyone else a bit nervous that he has not done them yet? Feels like he is waiting for things to be closed for the day and not able to deal with it. Or he is still busy shaking people down for more money.

2 Likes

Still relevant. The more things change, the more they stay insane.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s getting late in the day and if he doesn’t get the paperwork filed and delivered, Biden could be able cancel them.

Electoral Vote has a good rundown today: ElectoralVote

Ulysses S. Grant was able to cancel last day pardons by Johnson because they hadn’t been delivered. There’s supreme court precedent on that one, and it was referenced in a Bush 43 pardon case where GWB tore up the pardon without delivering it.

Given the high standards of competency on display by this administration, I have high hopes that Biden gets to pull the same stunt as Grant.

3 Likes

There’s some formal paperwork. It has to be filed with the justice department and delivered to the pardoned person. The secrecy stuff is that there’s no formal requirement to publicly announce them.

Biden may have the power to announce them after the fact. See above for precedent on one president cancelling a previous president’s pardon.

5 Likes

You are channeling Lord Dampnut loud & clear…
I hope there are no long-term effects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.