Twitter users' woes force Elmo to play therapist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/04/twitter-users-woes-force-elmo-to-play-therapist.html

2 Likes

Unfortunately, he seems to have underestimated the existential ennui faced by online young people today.

Looking at the posted tweets/xeetes(?), I wonder what qualifies as “young people today”? Those replies appear to be from adults. Not that I’m surprised, I don’t think xitter is popular with the youth of today.

8 Likes

Don’t ask a question you don’t want an honest answer to

3 Likes

how do you know those are honest answers?

1 Like

You make 'em pinkie swear first, duh.

2 Likes

Given the cost of therapy, I’m not surprised people are turning to puppets for help!

maybe some aren’t, but we do know that there is a major lack of therapist to serve the need that exists, that the pandemic and all the other shit happening in our world has proved harmful for many people’s mental health… I think it’s probably more important to focus on the fact that even if some were tr0lling, many were not.

1 Like

Even though it’s on shitter, I would hazard a wager that most of the replies were not trolling; that site itself is depressing as fuck, let alone with everything else you mentioned going on…

1 Like

Yeah, I know that tons of people who were there in good faith have left the platform, but not everyone.

1 Like

Bet ya even the bad faith bears and known trolls are genuinely feeling depressed…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.