Uber CEO on Saudi murder of journalist: "We've made mistakes too"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/11/uber-ceo-on-saudi-murder-of-jo.html

2 Likes
32 Likes

If shareholder value was truly a priority with this rotten company, a CEO who publically admitted to (supposedly) not keeping up with major current events would be out on his arse. Even if the shareholders have no problem with Prince Bonesaw’s hit, this is still embarrassing.

26 Likes

“No, put your bags on the back seat, the trunk is full…”

34 Likes

OK Boomer.

13 Likes

Oh! It was a MISTAKE you say. Oh, well, that’s alright then. Better tell his widow about those ‘lessons learned’ then.

10 Likes

Mistakes are, by definition, not pre-meditated. you disingenuous arse.

15 Likes

Jira Ticket #111543: “When deflecting partner malfeasance, leaders should not claim responsibility for similar mistakes when grisly murders, overthrow of democracies or child or animal abuse are involved”

Overall, this build of MCandidate is working well. But it keeps veering into the “Only Human” acceptance-of-fault narrative voice at times when partners do horrific things. Somewhere around the live-boy-or-dead-girl line, it needs to flip to Distract or Rage instead.

10 Likes

Surely they’re just being honest. In uber’s eyes this was a mistake. Killing a named individual messily and almost publicly, rather than the much more normal method of methodically and relentlessly killing people by degrees. In the corporate world, it’s fine to kill, so long as it’s done anonymously, inch by inch, with stress, poverty and suicide, rather than with the bone saw.

20 Likes

Thank you Uber Dude for removing all doubt that you and your company are complete douche bags.

te13nor

27 Likes

One of Radiohead’s more judgmental albums.

25 Likes

Uber and Blizzard both have accidentally disclosed some deeper truths about their corporate philosophy.

Consumers are not citizens. Money is not voting. This madness cannot be shut down through the “wisdom of the marketplace”.

16 Likes

I have no idea why they’re hating on codebreakers who helped defeat the Nazis. Those women were sheroes.

11 Likes

clara-see-what

13 Likes

or her-oes?

7 Likes

Now all I can think of is: what mistakes has Uber been making that he thinks are comparable with killing journalists?

18 Likes

Not the biggest mistake of all, which was: “my predecessor founding a company whose core values are that of a vicious and greedy misanthropist who wrote rapey pulp novels”.

11 Likes

You had to go there…

4 Likes

I’m not going there by Uber.

23 Likes

I can swing by and give you a lyft.

13 Likes