Uber CEO on Saudi murder of journalist: "We've made mistakes too"

Oh yeah, I missed that. The video footage was largely irrelevant to the cause of the crash since the car had radar and LIDAR, but they released clearly misleading footage to try to claim that even if the machine failed, a human would have likely not seen the victim either.

2 Likes

I think it’s clear what Khosrowshahi meant, was they made a mistake in getting caught doing it, not that choosing to murder a journalist was a mistake.

2 Likes

can we forgive MbS after he’s finished his 100 year sentence in the basement of a Turkish prison

5 Likes

Oh, really? Funny. Usually it’s the other way around; you say something in the moment that you really believe, and quickly follow it up with backtracking, like… well, like this.

If they’re ever going to be forgiven, it needs to come from someone other than you. Who the fuck cares if YOU forgive them? You weren’t affected by what they did. You dick. Fuck Uber, and fuck everyone running it.

3 Likes

“I made a decision… and it was a bad call, Ripley…”

3 Likes

Their name, if I am judgeding this correctly, is from the contemporary colloquialization of “Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt” which is not at all strictly associated with the NAZIs … but … yeah I guess mistakes have been made my disruptive dude.

Apparently their first domain name was UberCab.com

Maybe blame Nietzsche?

2 Likes

It appears that the American ruling class has decided that sufficient time has passed since the Khashoggi murder to return to business as usual…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.