UK government won't promise help to remove highly flammable high-rise cladding

When investigating these disasters, the worst outcome wouldn’t be if it is found that something illegal has been done; it would be if it was found that NOTHING illegal had been done.

8 Likes

Private landlords. Note Labour did not change this.

Oh come on now. I believe this decision was made to save a few pounds. They are entirely indifferent to whether poor people live or die.

Would you settle for a government that wants to take away your humans rights to prosecute those outside attackers while they themselves pass fire regulations that kill more people than all the outside attackers put together? I’m asking for a friend.

I don’t know how similar the UK criminal law is to Canada, but here I would agree that this is “criminal negligence causing death” rather than “murder”. So point for John Healey.

7 Likes

So you’re aware of Texas City? That’s the one that still really just shocks me.

1 Like

I guess one should confuse wealthy with tasteful. :wink:

1 Like

Next thing you know, they’ll use aluminum cladding reinforced with iron, because what the fuck could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

you seem to be advancing the case or “depraved indifference”, which apparently is a bit nastier than mere negligence

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.