Ukrainian president Yanukovuych flees Kiev as opposition seize the palace

I hope so, for what that’s worth. I hope more that Ukranians can sort it out. I’ve been very interested in the responses by yourself and other Ukranians commenting on this (and the Venezuelans re: the trouble there).Very eye-opening. It looks a hideously complex situation. I wish you all an equitable solution, preferably free of bloodshed…

1 Like

I think it’s a mistake to assume that it’s only the “West-Ukranian neo-nazi’s” that would be staunchly opposed to Russian involvement.

Even if the South and East threw in their lot with Russia (which is far from guaranteed), there’s no chance it would be anything approaching a “mop up”.

what mistake – getting gunned down by the dozens?

The Ukranian protesters didn’t “riot” – Yanukovich just up and left. No one on either side fired a shot or broke a window. The folks you call “rioters” in fact patrolled Yanukovich’s abandoned private mansion to ensure no looting occurred.

Are you sure you know what the words “rioter” and “anarchy” actually mean?

With the Neo Cons kicking the dust of Iraq off their shoes, shucking their Republican hats and coats and putting on their Democratic Responsibility to Protect (R2P) cloaks, it is no wonder that stupid foreign policy continues.

The US enabling the next Color Revolution with NGOs with smart phones and quick access to the NYT, Washington Post and the Guardian… well that is totally expected.

However, once we grease the skids and the unrepentant Ukrainian Fascists emerge, there is going to be trouble putting them back in the box.

And no matter how useful, English speaking and disciplined they are…

"All those who at this point would try to tame the revolutionary energy of the masses should be proclaimed traitors and punished in the most severe way. The time of peaceful singing and dancing at Maidan is over. This is waste of time. There can be no negotiations, no compromise with the ruling gang. We will carry high the fire of national revolution.” ‘Pravy Sektor’ (Right Sector)

Our throwing in with the Right Sector to get things done. That is as stupid as aligning with AQ in Syria.

Oh… right.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.