Unvaccinated people blame "mainstream media" and foreigners for rise in Covid cases

“Self reflection” isn’t one of their strong points.

28 Likes

Technically Fox is the “Mainstream Media” so this is a bit accurate.

29 Likes

Well, I guess that settles it. Both sides must be covered equally, and eventually the louder side will get more coverage.

10 Likes

Aren’t these largely the same?

16 Likes

Delta variant didn’t poll enough to get mentioned? That’s definitely getting partial credit for recent surges in the UK. Apparently 9-10 times as infectious makes a big difference. I know I’m very grateful it didn’t come along until after my wife and I had been double-jabbed, so our cases were mercifully mild.

6 Likes

These are the dumbest of the dumb. Their leaders are already preparing a new narrative, where people should get the (now perfectly safe) vaccination against the (now very real, engineered by Fauci and China) Coronavirus but Biden/the Dems/libruls/Soros/(((Hollywood)))/Coastal Elites/Satanic paedophiles/etc. are keeping them from good, God-fearing white people as part of a “Great Replacement”/white genocide plot.

The mouth-breathers will pivot quickly to this narrative despite the absurdity of both conspiracy theories and of the very dissonant transition between them.

24 Likes

Unvaccinated people are fucking stupid, got it.

11 Likes

Well stated. They change their irrational, anti-science, anti-facts, anti-stark reality messaging whenever their polls indicate.

#NeverVoteRepublican - they cannot be trusted

10 Likes

No, not at all - Fox News is simultaneously the most watched and the rogue bastion of independent thinking! Any confusion must be due to your brainwashing by the lying mainstream media that fewer people watch!

7 Likes

These are the same people who like to tout personal responsibility whenever someone brings up the poor.

8 Likes

There used to be conservative black humor “kill them all and let God sort them out”.

Here’s the 2021 version: “let’s all get infected with COVID and God will sort us out. I’m vaxxed. How about you?”

2 Likes

Nope. Like the classic observation that it is far harder to tell a lie than the truth, truly stupid people don’t have what it takes to juggle all the moving parts of ever-more-convoluted conspiracy theories.

Lazy, on the other hand, sure. Cowardly? That works. Selfish, in part. Lots of other ways to reach a foolish and antisocial conclusion. “Stupid” hardly accounts for them.

1 Like

It dawned on me that there seems to be 2 positions on this. The Left sees this as a ‘We’ issue (social welfare, overall economy etc) and The Right sees this as a ‘Me’ issue (my rights, my freedom, my health, my business etc).

Me vs We.

Perhaps some graphically inclined reader out there could create a simple diagram that can memify this?

When I posed this concept to a fence-sitter (not antivax but also not pro), they sat stunned for a moment before agreeing getting the jab was actually more in line with their values.

12 Likes

I’ve never understood why Fox uses “mainstream media” the way it does. They might as well say “fact-bound media”.

9 Likes

I’ve got it.
left wing vs right wing

21 Likes

I’m also seeing the trend on social media where unvaccinated people see surviving cv19 as some macho achievement - that ‘toughing it out’ is a more American thing to do (vs preventing serious symptoms in the first place).

Mind boggling.

7 Likes

Thanks!!! I knew someone smarter already had this covered.

7 Likes

Yeah, that cartoonist is a genius, but I’m merely gifted.

12 Likes

May they all reach complete enlightenment.

8 Likes

So tired of this foolish bullshit.

15 Likes