US to jailed hacktivist Barrett Brown: Don't discuss leaks, or we'll extend your 105 year sentence

Actual answer: using the free comments section on those stories to do the same.

1 Like

Wasn’t Brown the guy that blown-up journalist Michael Hastings was going to be meeting with when he died? No wonder they want him gagged. As far as I understand he has the goods on some seriously nefarious private spooks and their antics on behalf of the US govt.

The war on journalism and privacy is really blowing up now, and its only a matter of time before the people win it. Lets face it, at least in the US, we simply don’t have the type of society that dreams imperialist dreams and worships dictators. Obama, Bush and Clinton, through the lens of history, will look like just what they are: stooges for the military intelligence industry and finance/corporate cartels.

OWS was just the beginning.

… and US exceptionalism again. Yeah we get it - you are special freedom snowflakes over there in North America. Exactly that complacency got you in the whole torture-secret-court-surveillance quagmire.

“Only the bad guys torture or use gulags, if we do it it’s for special freedomy reasons - not bad at all.” It’s only bad/oppressive/totalitarian if the someone else does it eh?

An agreement made under duress is not a fair agreement at all.

“I don’t see why you’re going to the cops whining about it afterwards… you gave me all your money, and I didn’t shoot you in the knee! Just as we agreed!”

1 Like

I would like a Samizdat whip with cocoa and cinnamon, no vanilla please. You’re characterizing this author’s Guardian cadre, or how awesome the tablet version of The Guardian gets or something? I think I understand the thing where if I do work (labor) the government gets something too, but this seems off-message. The oversight clearance is too damn high?

Everyone is equal; but some are more equal than others!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.