VIDEO: Tension mounts as French forces try to halt progress of suicide truck

If you’re presuming that I’m a fan of @cstross’ books, I am. :slight_smile: The Typhoons in TNS use ASRAAMs, which are also Fire & Forget with imaging infra-red seekers, but optimised for homing in on aircraft. But, yeah, I’d guess the Javelins’ sensors aren’t suitable for creatures from other universes, either. (Though maybe it depends on how hot firewyrms run.)

1 Like

ASRAAMs! That’s what they were, thanks. How about that whole sequence though? Magnificent.

Apologies for going off topic, back to murder from the skies…

1 Like

Yep.

That moment right before it hits the truck… makes you think about the moment that exists between life and death. Hm.

7 Likes

And I thought the pot holes here were bad.

Not sure. You ought to ask Dr Dinosaur.

The MILAN is French, so of course that’s what they used first.

2 Likes

The people in the truck were bound for death, one way or another. Thanks to the Javelin, only the willing died that day.

2 Likes

Probably evryone knows this, but just in case: you can pause an Youtube video with k (works every time, as opposed to space bar), and then you can press . to advance one frame and , to go back one frame. So it’s easy to see the second missile hit the car.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Well, learned something useful today.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.