Video: The Titanic is still sunk but now you can see it at stunning 8K resolution

Originally published at: Video: The Titanic is still sunk but now you can see it at stunning 8K resolution | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Um…except YouTube only supports 1080p, and shitty compression codecs to boot. Is there some other way to see this footage?

Edit: Oh I take that back. They do now support 8k (and 4k). Their compression is still awful though.

3 Likes

Interesting. The worse the condition of the ship, the better the cameras become.

Issue here is this is a tourist sub effort, could shoot it in 32K but without supporting lighting rigs like Cameron would use… results are meh.

If $250K falls in to your lap, see it while you can I guess.

This footage is unsinkable. God, or any other fabricated concept, could not sink this footage.

Mark my words, only a copyright strike has the power to influence this video in any way, but what are the odds of… what is that on the horizon?

Youtube will broadcast in 8K, which is pointless as not a single one of us has an 8K monitor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.