Violent mobs of alleged Triad gangsters dole out savage beatings to Hong Kong democracy protesters, cops nowhere to be found

There’s been lots of Russian mob in NYC for a long time. The evidence is circumstantial, which is why he was walking free in order to be in position to make a presidential run in the first place.

2 Likes

They’re likely not unified, (I think?), so these people may have wished to gain influence over rival Triad organizations by befriending the Chinese gov’t elements.

ISWYDT! :laughing:

2 Likes

Supposed someone cares to investigate. Seems to me they already know very well who’s behind it, so they might not be too interested.

1 Like

Interesting! I’d also thought mobsters would not like the commies, but that’s because all I learned in life came from Scarface.

The Triads didn’t exactly have a choice. If they were not “patriotic” enough the Chinese government would crush them, but if they played ball they would enjoy tremendous money-making opportunities in mainland China.

1 Like

Investigation would be by whatever government replaces the current one, assuming the protests aren’t in vain. Of course this makes the current people in charge even more motivated to cling onto power and potentially more desperate if the winds of change come a blowing. Things could take a very bloody turn in HK.

4 Likes

And if the world stands by and blesses that through inaction then they may be inspired to do the same in Taiwan. Interesting times indeed.

2 Likes

The rest of the world is going to do jack shit about this. Nobody wants to piss off the Chinese government.

Except the orange muppet in chief. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.