VTOL electronic vehicle flies one and is yours for $92k

Given that quadcopters were originally remote controlled, it would be easy to fake a sitting pilot wearing a full face helmet in a full size mockup that can fly but just can’t handle the weight of a real human payload.

But I’m pretty sure this flying Cuisinart/death trap/murder machine is real, though.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to spend much time at an altitude below where the ballistic chute was ineffective.

I have just enough acrophobia to stay a safe distance from the cliff edge, but platforms with railings don’t bother me. Something like a glass floor would make me feel a bit queasy, though. Aircraft are a different kettle of fish for me - I like having some space between myself and the ground, and I’ve enjoyed the commercial flights I’ve taken. I guess from the “airline experience” standpoint I’ve been lucky, but I’ve only flown commercial on three trips ever, and have only ever else been in sailplanes.

In traditional aircraft, altitude is your friend, subject to oxygen availability. It gives you more time to make decisions and find the best place to attempt an emergency landing. But in something like this, the chute is the only option; you aren’t going to get the luxury of autorotation, and it will glide like a brick. I’d guess that 15 to 100 feet above ground level would be the diciest.

1 Like

Jetson’s boy, Elroy, should expect a longer flight duration.

Obligatory:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.