Vulnerabilities

And you thought the SolarWinds attack was bad. Although, are they related? According to Krebs, no (though Microsoft would say that).

3 Likes

@politeruin Although, are they related? According to Krebs, no

I’ll go out on a limb and say the two are almost certainly related… oh wait, I already said it… couple of weeks ago. :thinking: :roll_eyes: kind of

My bet is that we see a lot more of this.
If we don’t, then the criminals have really let their game slip…

…time to order a stack of FIDO keys for work, finish switching us over to OpenBSD on the desktop and get some Pine Phones…

3 Likes

Not just a software vulnerability, but a life one:

(Thread)

Fuck real names policies, fuck “online” indicators. Fuck making things easy for stalkers and trolls.

8 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Thousands of taxpayers’ personal details potentially exposed online through councils’ debt-chasing texts

3 Likes

one-punch-man-okay

1 Like

I used to spend a lot of time trying to convince people about how awful the draconian Investigatory Powers Act 2016 was and would be so i’m not at all surprised they are now really pushing to end end-to-end encryption. Maybe now people will actually give a fuck.

4 Likes

The only way data doesn’t leak, and isn’t abused, is if it’s not collected…

7 Likes

Narrator: They didn’t.

5 Likes

Not 100% sure how they’re going to enforce that on companies that don’t have presences in the UK…

Also, I wonder if that TCN business addresses that loophole… a note that says we haven’t had to comply with a TCN.

2 Likes

That GDPR fine is going to mean Zuck may have to wait another week to buy a new island.

3 Likes

The good old warrant canary eh? I seem to remember some rumblings about making that illegal too and the article addresses that point so the end user would never ever know their comms are being snaffled up by Her Madge’s spooks.

A company which is subject to a TCN is legally barred not only from discussing the specifics of the notice, but from disclosing whether the notice exists at all. Any employee of a company subject to a TCN who disclosed that one existed would be subjected to criminal penalties for breaking a gagging order. The powers also appear to apply to the use of “warrant canaries”.

Appear… I dunno, there are ways… maybe a hacker “found it”, maybe a disgruntled ex-employee exposed it…

These things happen.

1 Like

The devil, as they say, is all in the details. I wouldn’t be surprised for a second if the major ISPs already implement this, i mean they are required to retain 12 months of browsing history metadata as required by law in the IP Act. And by the way, every time i see that list of authorities allowed to sniff through it without a warrant gives me the fucking creeps.

NSA helps out Microsoft with critical Exchange Server vulnerability disclosures in an April shower of patches

2 Likes

Cracked copies of Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop steal your session cookies, browser history, crypto-coins

3 Likes

hmmm

4 Likes