Vulnerabilities

I was wondering why it was so quiet over on the Tor blog and today it was taking me to a WordPress login page, now it just goes to their newsletter signup.

2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

I remain unhappy with DNS.

2 Likes

They don’t even have full IP rights to their database, since they scraped most of it off of the Internet.

1 Like

Different cause from the Rogers Canada outage, but same results: They didn’t/couldn’t shutdown their wireless network, which would have freed phones to make emergency calls via any available provider. (It’s possible to do that with a dive into the phone configuration, or yank the SIM, but who wants to do that in an emergency?)

2 Likes

I’m waiting with bated breath for the leak that lets us know what really happened at Rogers.

Edit: Not that reasonably well informed speculation doesn’t exist. cough BGP uk-fup cough

The un-redacted parts of Rogers’ explanation does point to BGP.

Rogers said coding from the update deleted a routing filter that “allowed for all possible routes to the Internet to pass through the routers,”

The :canada: House of Commons Industry Committee is meeting on the topic today (July 25), if you have the patience for the high level waffling and political posturing.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Apple’s internet traffic took an unwelcome detour through Russian networking equipment for about twelve hours between July 26 and July 27.

[…]

2 Likes
3 Likes

These people need many solid hits from a LART or Wouff-Hong.

3 Likes